If you know me, you know that my drink of choice is whiskey on the rock(s). I wanted to make a cocktail using whiskey and came up with this recipe. I am by no means an expert, but I think it is a delicious drink that is also festive and perfect for holiday parties!
I used Jameson because that is what I had on hand, though I think this cocktail would be delicious with bourbon!
What you will need:
- Whiskey or Bourbon of choice (1 oz.)
- Pomegranate juice (2 oz.)
- Orange Bitters
- Rosemary (for garnish)
- Pomegranate seeds (for ice)
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice, 1 oz. of whiskey and 2 oz. of pomegranate juice
- Add a dollop of honey (adjust accordingly to your desired level of sweetness)
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into cocktail glass, add a dash of orange bitters
- Garnish with rosemary and a pomegranate ice cube
I wanted to add very thin ice cubes so the drink wouldn't get diluted with too much water. I made these thin pomegranate ice cubes by using these silicon molds, adding pomegranate seeds then filling them with just enough water so that the seeds were covered.
Excuse the scrawny looking rosemary - I plucked these from the rosemary bush in my backyard, which is suffering a little bit with the drought and heatwave!
Hope you enjoy!